Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Vocabulary

There are certain words I wish had never been introduced in the American vocabulary.

I’m not talking about swear words. I’m talking about words like – “booger.” I actually got a little shiver of disgust just typing that word. Why is it necessary for words like that to exist?


Now, I know you’re thinking, “Well, what would you call it? We’ve got to call it something.” And you’re right. We do. I don’t have the answer. I just know I don’t like the word (nor the object it represents, I guess).

There are people’s names I don’t like either – for totally random reasons. For instance, Kimberly – because it sounds like “TIMBER!” and makes me think of sweaty lumberjacks. Or Tricia, since it reminds me of the sound a tuna sandwich makes when you eat it.

All right, I’ll stop complaining. Yeesh! I can really be a booger sometimes.

No comments: