Thursday, October 26, 2006

Dedications

Occasionally, I suffer from delusions of grandeur.

I indulge the delusion that I may someday become a real writer – with actual books to my pseudonym.

When I allow myself to wallow in my possible future success, I write book dedications. Now most of them are normal – to mom, dad, and husband, but sometimes I get creative.

I was going through some computer files today, and I found this list. I don’t know when I wrote these, but they’ll give you a glimpse inside my twisted Machiavellian mind!

For Dad and Brett
The only two men I’ve ever trusted

For Mom
You believed in me even before I came into being

For October
You taught me to see the world revolving around others

For Kelly
I didn’t know funny until I heard you laugh

For Tania
Your kindness is the only thing that makes reliving my past worthwhile
For Angie
Happiness is a cool, dark theater before a new release
Joy is being there with you.

And lastly…

For Josh
Success is the best revenge.
May you never taste the former and be severely stung by the latter


Ouch!

No comments: