Thursday, October 05, 2006

My Wise Friends

At some point in my life, I watched an illustration of how having bad friends can affect a person.

One person stood on a chair, and the other person stood on the ground. The moderator asked the person on the chair to lift the person on the ground up to his (the person on the chair’s) level using only one hand. He couldn’t do it. The moderator then asked the person on the ground to try and pull the other person off the chair using only one hand. He accomplished this easily. The moderator explained to us that it is always easier to pull people down into bad habits than to lift them up into good ones. He encouraged us to seek out friends who would help lift us up and not pull us down.

God has been so good to me in giving me wise friends. Many friends read my blog and send me e-mails about how they like it or not, agree with me or not, and yet they’ve all said almost the same thing. They are afraid to post a comment, because they’ve had a bad experience posting on other people’s blogs.

I’d say that was learning from experience and very wise.

So, please don’t feel bad about not commenting! You can always e-mail me, and it has been really wonderful to hear that people are (one way or another) enjoying reading my incoherent, opinionated, rambling blog!

I love you guys, too! Thanks for not taking me too seriously.

No comments: