Wednesday, October 11, 2006

A Good Morning

But it didn’t start out that way.

My car has been acting funny lately, and when Candice and I were driving to the hospital the other day, she asked me what that “weird squeaking noise” was, and I told her it was probably another car.

But she rolled down her window, stuck her head out, and said, “No, I think it’s YOU!”

She thought it might either be that my tires are low or that I might have a problem with my steering. I was not thrilled at the prospect of having to take my car in to be fixed, as I just recently managed to knock off my right-side mirror by running into a blockade on stupid Auburn Street construction. I was so mad that I called the Planning Commissioner for the City of Rockford, and told him to MOVE THOSE BARRICADES OVER! I told him I had to decide whether to take out the right-side mirror of my car or the car coming towards me. I made the right choice, but now I have NO MIRROR!

Anyway, I’m getting off track. Back to my car trouble. So, last night I was leaving a Pampered Chef party and heard the squealing again. I told Brett when I got home, and he said he would plan to take a look at it today after he got home from his 3rd shift job. Neither of us wanted me to drive the car today on the chance it MIGHT be the steering. So, that meant he would have to take me to work today.

Well, this morning, he had to work overtime, so I had to call in and say I would be running late. But (when he got home) things started looking up! He received his 90 day review at Staples and is now considered hired on. YEA! So, since we had the extra time, we celebrated. You know what I mean. It was a good morning for both of us! Mmm - mmm!

So that was great. Then, we stopped by Starbucks on our way to drop me off from work, and I tried their new Hot Caramel Apple Cider and oh-my-YUM! It was delicious! Brett even stole a sip in between drinking his Café Mocha! Then, as we were turning back onto the road, We Will Rock You by Queen came on the radio, and so we jammed together in car to that funky tune on the way to work. We are two people who should absolutely never sing together – but we love to do it! It was so fun!

So it turned out to be a fabulous morning. Which we’ll need to hang on to, just in case my steering is headed south. But that’s okay, because We will, We will ROCK YOU!

No comments: