Monday, October 16, 2006

I’m Famous, But Don’t Tell Anyone

That’s right! Yours truly was quoted (but not credited) on the front page of today’s Rockford Register Star’s Business section. I had responded to an e-mail asking for good boss/bad boss stories for a feature the newspaper wanted to run today on National Boss’ Day.

When I originally received the e-mail requesting the stories, I immediately wanted to send back a reply detailing the seven circles of you-know-where that my old boss put me through. But I opted for being professional and asked my new boss what I should do. She said (to my surprise) that I should GO FOR IT! So, I sent back my e-mail detailing just a few of the horrendous things I went though a few years ago.

The Business Editor liked my story SO much that he published the e-mail IN ITS ENTIRETY! If you know anything about newspapers or editors, you know that is rare. Thankfully, he protected my identity! However, my co-workers got a hold of it and gave me the “thumbs up” all day. NOBODY liked my old boss!

When I got the paper this morning and saw my story published, I actually did a little jig and yelled, “Vindication is mine!” before going out the door to work! No, really, I did!

And that’s how I feel! I went through so much with THAT WOMAN, and it was so horrible at the time. Now, it feels so good to look back and laugh.

That’s right, I’m going to say it again – Vindication is mine! Ha!

No comments: