Friday, October 27, 2006

Oh. My. YUM!

The phrase “Oh. My. YUM!” comes from a relatively new friend of mine.

Her name is Patty, and she’s a member of the Game Night Group that Brett and I meet with once a month. A couple of months ago, we were in the middle of playing a vigorous round of Cranium (often our game of choice) when Patty sampled something delicious. I think it was a piece of cake or something like that.

She was obviously impressed and started to say, “Oh. My. …” and you know what usually follows that combination. She looked around the room and (instead) put a little pause in and simply said YUM! Ever since then, whenever once of us is impressed by something we utter “Oh. My. YUM!

So that explains that. The reason I’m explaining all that is because I just had an Oh. My. YUM! experience.

I decided to heat up a frozen California Kitchen pizza, the five cheese and tomato flavor. It looked so cheesy, gooey and deliciously crusty coming out of the oven. And I thought, “You know what would make this even better? Ranch dressing to dip the crust in!” And, Oh. My. YUM! Was it EVER heaven-on-a-plate!

Brett’s been having his own OMY moments, as well. He’s slowly and methodically working his way through the 2 pound bag of bite-sized Kit-Kats we got for the trick-or-treaters.

I wish he’d never seen the bag. For a guy who claims not to like desserts, he’s plowing through those Kit-Kats with no problem. Every day, when I get home, that bag is a little lighter.

Unlike my out-of-control husband, I (at least) have shown admiral constraint. I’ve only allowed myself 10 or 11 of the little chocolaty treats.

Mmmm…they’re so good! Maybe, I’ll just have one more. I’d hate for Brett to face those hungry trick-or-treaters alone on Tuesday!

Hey, maybe they’d like a pizza!

No comments: