Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Wishing Speed Was Legal

At the end of the day yesterday, I came home and just wanted to collapse!

We’ve been so busy at work these past couple of days. We have our second (of three) big fundraising events coming up on Thursday. It’s an After Hours event at the local arboretum, so we’ve been consumed with table settings, video production, and program design and printing. In addition to that, I’ve got an eight page publication to get out that I’ve barely had any time to work on. I’ve also got web updates, press releases, and new media stories! I love it, but I’m exhausted!

After work, I stopped off at the Dollar Store and found some great X-mas deals! Then, I ran by River Bluff to visit Grandma. She was in the middle of dinner, so I only stayed a few minutes. She’s still as sweet as ever! Then, I stopped off at Mom’s to drop off some adorable snowman notepads I found at the Dollar Store and ended up helping her navigate the internet to make plans for our 2007 family vacation.

Mom and Gary are hoping that Brett and I, along with Camille, Dave, Brigitte, and Andrew (Gary's wonderful daughter and her amazing family), can join them at the Covered Bridge Festival in Indiana in October of 2007. Mom wants to find a “modern” cabin that will sleep the eight of us comfortably. She also wants a kitchen, so she and Gary can cook for all of us! Do I have a great mom and step-dad or what? We searched the web and found a line on some possible cabins. One in particular looks promising. So, I helped her send off an e-mail and headed home.

Then, of course, my phone buzzed! Brett was like, “Are you coming home soon? I miss you!” He’s so sweet when he’s tired.

So, when I finally did get home it was already late! I ran up and gave Brett a hug. He was already asleep, since he tries to sleep right up until he has to leave for work at 9:30 p.m. Then, I settled in and enjoyed an episode of NCIS.

My plan was to go to bed right after Brett left for work. Oh, but then, after he left, I heard my PC calling to me.

“Okay,” I thought. “I’ll just sketch out an outline for Gangland. That won’t take me too long, and then I’ll go to bed.” Right. Uh-huh.

The inspiration just kept coming, even though I was yawning every five seconds. I’m meeting with Carleen next Thursday and want to make sure I get her opinion on my Gangland characters and story ideas before I go any further. She’s one of the most honest people I know, so I’m glad she’s agreed to be my “editor” while I’m still in the writing process.

So, I actually didn’t crawl into bed until 12:30 a.m. Then, I woke up two times during the night and had to check on the rabbits. I got up at 6:30 a.m. and was still tired! So far, I’ve had one Chai Tea and think I am about to go get another cup.

Thank the good Lord for creating caffeine!

No comments: