Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Two More Reasons

Those of you who read my blog probably know my husband. He is a quiet man with many endearing qualities. He’s kind, loving, and a good listener.

However, the one thing he is not – is funny! I like to say that Brett was born without a sense of humor. He even agrees with me. He just doesn’t crack jokes or take things lightly like the rest of us do. And it’s a good thing, since he has NO idea how sarcastic I can truly be.

But, every so often, he says something funny. It’s very rare, so I usually try to remember it. Well, he did it this morning. We were on our way to the polling place when I told him how excited I was to get my “I Voted” sticker.

“Yeah,” he quipped. “Underneath it, you can put a sticky note that says ‘I don’t know why.’”

That’s funny!

Also, this morning - I had just rolled out of bed. My hair was all kinky, and I bunched it up on a straggly ponytail. I put on my holey black sleep shirt, pulled on my ratty sweats and fuzzy black socks. I thunked down the stairs to make breakfast. Halfway into making breakfast, Brett came home from work.

He came in the door and just looked at me for a minute. Then, he came and swept me up into this giant bear hug. “I just can’t believe I’m married to the most beautiful woman in the world,” he said in all seriousness.

Now that’s love!

No comments: