Friday, November 03, 2006

Icky Politicking

I don’t care about politics. I don’t care about who was working for who when they were convicted for what. I don’t care if you are for or against blah, blah, blah.

Could you please just stop running commercials during my favorite shows? If I see one more politician yammering on and on while I am trying to relax, I’m going to scream.

Voting, schmoting! Of course, I’m going to vote. It’s my duty as a citizen of this country. But the choices in Illinois have come down to choosing between the equal of two evils. It’s like deciding between being beaten or burned to death.

I’ll vote a straight party ticket, just because it is easier. More convenient. But I’m not thrilled with my choices. It seems most of the country agrees with me. We’re all fed up.

Brett says we need a third party. Or a fourth party. I don’t know the answer.

All I really want to do is watch My Name Is Earl in peace. So, please, politicians - do something that doesn’t come naturally, and just put a cork in it.

No comments: