Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Ahh, Blissful Silence!

T’was the day before Thanksgiving and all through the office
Not many people were here

A LOT of people take the day before Thanksgiving off in order to travel home for the holidays. And my office is no different. I actually like having less people around, since it means I get a lot more work done.

My job is pretty varied, but a lot of it depends on helping other people. I help them design flyers and programs. I offer advice on best practice standards and copyright issues. I train and coordinate my own group of on call media girls and adults. I cultivate and maintain all the media contacts in our three county areas. And when I’m not doing all that – I’ve got numerous publications to design, press releases to write, grants to oversee, and just the general office “stuff” we all have to do. But….on a day like today…I can tackle those projects I’ve been putting on the back burner – and it is SO profitable to have the time.

So, here’s to a half-empty office and the success of quiet! It’s fleeting, so I might as well enjoy it!

No comments: