Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Let He Who Is Without Sin Write The Play

Whoa, Nelly!

I just read a couple of blogs that really made me think. The blogs were about the play I recently attended at Maranatha. People are upset that an Oscar Wilde (a man of dubious character) play was presented at a “sacred” institution.

Oh, give me a break.

This is JUST like those people who stopped singing Amy Grant songs after she stepped out on her husband. If we judged every artistic work by the artist’s character and conduct, we would never be able to participate in any thing. Do they think the people who wrote Amazing Grace were perfect and sinless?

Can’t we just accept a work of art – whether it is song, drama, or any such thing, on the merit of its own value? Am I supposed to stop singing People Need the Lord because Steve Green ran a stop sign one time?

Okay, that was a rant. But I feel better now!

No comments: