Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Won’t Get Fooled Again

One pink line, and another negative test is born!

I’m not pregnant. Again.

I’ve been not pregnant so many times; I’m thinking of throwing myself a not-having-a-baby shower. I could get non-child-friendly-gifts like breakable crystal vases and drippy candles.

Oh, well. ‘Tis what ‘tis. Que sera, sera - and all that jazz.

Today’s devotional was on the importance of faith. Abraham was the illustration with his faith in offering Isaac up at God’s request for a sacrifice. At the end of the devotion, there was a little phrase that said something like – “Are you going through a trial that seems unbearable or difficult? How can Abraham’s example be encouraging to you?”

I thought about how long Sarah and Abraham waited for Isaac and then what it must have been like to think about giving him up. The Lord knew it was what I needed to read – exactly – and it was an encouragement to my heart.

Besides the test anxiety I was going through all day yesterday, I had a rather good day. After work, Candice and I met at the Super Dollar Store at North Towne and had dinner together at Subway. ‘Twas delicious.

Afterwards, I stopped by home where Brett and Gary were hacking away branches from the seemingly insurmountable red bush we have by the garage. Brett was off work yesterday, because the warehouse was all caught up. It was an unexpected – albeit unpaid – delight for him to get caught up on his chores (and paying our bills).

Gary is always so sweet to come over and help Brett with the yard. The funny thing is that some of our neighbors think he’s our gardener – or to be more politically correct, our “landscape artist.”


The neighbors in our cul-de-sac have much more money than we do, and so they DO have gardeners, so I suppose it’s not hard for them to imagine we would, too. But we don’t. Thankfully, Gary works for free.

I said a quick “Hi,” left the two of them there, and drove to Mom’s where I bribed her with Junior Caramels, so I could use her super-fast-brand-new PC to (finally) place my Mary Kay order – hallelujah! I can’t believe I finally got around to it!

Afterwards, Mom and I watched some TV. We mocked the super-fake QVC people, and I introduced Mom to VH1 (I’m a bad, bad person). I explained who Tara Reid and Kenny Chesney were, and then we clicked over to catch part of some country music awards show.

I finally bailed at 9:30 p.m. and caught a glimpse of Gary’s truck leaving as I pulled onto our street. Brett told me it was a relief to have gotten so much done on a “work” day. I fell asleep nice and fast and felt like I’d had a good day.

I was able to spend time with family and friends, put my Mary Kay order in, and go dollar store shopping (one of my favorite things).

Today looks to be good. Mom and I are meeting Candice to celebrate her 27th birthday (Candice’s, not Mom’s). We are going all out with lunch at (wait for it…) Beef-a-Roo! Mmm…when we party, we do it in style!

Tomorrow’s the holiday, and then my boss is out for the rest of the week on vacation!

I may be “not pregnant” but at least I’m not bored!

5 comments:

Heidi said...

Trust me, you would not be bored pregnant either. I have a hard time with that whole sovereignty of God thing lately. I just found out that a teenager up the street is pregnant (I assume not married of course). I just don't understand why God chooses the way He does. How some little pip squeak can get pregnant and my sister in law and friend cannot. I just don't get it, but I have to remind myself that God is in control of those situations,not us measly people.

Ann-Marie said...

Thanks, Heidi!

It can be a real test to watch as God opens some wombs and closes others.

I like to tease Mom (totally just joking as I didn't even think about those things as a kid) that I could have run around when I was a teenager if I'd known I couldn't get pregnant, and she says, "Yeah, but then you would have!" It's true, isn't it? Those who want to can't, those who would rather not, do.

Like you said, He's sovereign, and I've just got to trust in Him, His will, and His timing.

Heidi said...

I knew that even a hint of promiscuity and my dad would have "killed" me. I did not have to worry as fat kids were not exactly what guys that age are interested in anyway.

Jennittia said...

Oh, how I needed your post! Just minutes ago I had a good 'ol cry at how things sometimes just seem so unbearable! Why do we have to wait while others are having so much fun? God's sovereign plan!! Thanks for the rememberance!

Jennittia said...

Hey, make sure you back up to the post on your movie experience. I have not blogged for a while, so I just read it today. I wrote a comment (or two)!