Monday, July 23, 2007

Monday Madness Quiz

My friend Cindy does a Monday Madness quiz on her blog (see Cindy’s blog link at right) and invites others to do the same. So, I’m joining in.

Feel free to do this on your own blog or in my comments section!


1. Are there any weird "food rules" you have?
I don’t have “rules” particularly, just that I don’t like meat and eat as little of it as possible. I LOVE ranch dressing and will put it on pretty much everything.

2. When you were growing up, what ONE thing did your parents always remind you of, when it came to meal time (or cooking)?
My mother, who was a magnificent mother - just not a very good cook in those days, would often remind me to take my preferred TV dinner out of the freezer so she could put it in the microwave.


3. Is there anyone you know whose food you won't eat (for one reason or another)?
If I know someone is a smoker, I am a little leery of eating anything they’ve prepared. I don’t know how much second-hand smoke sticks to a casserole.


4. Is there anything you "specialize" in cooking, that people actually ask for?
Two things, actually. My mother-in-law, an amazing cook – God rest her soul, passed on her Mashed Potato Casserole recipe to me, and it’s a favorite at all the Rehfeldt gatherings.

Also, by accident, I created a delicious cream cheese filled cheddar biscuit for my office holiday party one year. It was a “mystery” meal where everyone made something and a committee “named” it for the menu. They chose “Angel Wings” for my entrée, and ever since it is in high demand at all the office parties!


5. When you were growing up, what one meal do you remember as being your favorite?
I’ve mentioned my mother’s (shall we say) impairment to cooking, but she did know how to make a delicious pot pie. Mmm…complete with a light and flaky crust. Oh, if it were only enough to make me forget…Night of the Living Turkey Burgers! Aaaarrrrrggghhh!

6. Today, what is your IDEAL meal?
That’s a toughie. It would be a three-way tie. Sun dried tomato bagels with veggie cream cheese. The white olive oil pizza from Rosati’s. Homemade macaroni and cheese. Mmm….

Great, now I’m hungry. Haven’t I mentioned I’m trying to EAT and THINK healthy now? Sheesh!

6 comments:

Heidi said...

That angel wings one sounds really good. I am trying to figure out what to make for the fellowships on Sunday.

Anonymous said...

1. Never serve meat and rice without a fried egg and/or an avocado.

Anonymous said...

2. Clean up your plate.
3. No
4. No

Anonymous said...

5. Curry and Rice. Mmmmm mmmmm mmmmm!
6. At Taco Bell: a chicken meximelt, or a chicken baja chalupa.... at home, whatever's handy that doesn't take long to make and a cup of coffee (has to have cream but I can do without the sugar).

Ann-Marie said...

Tob, I forgot all about curry and rice. Oh yeah, baby!

Ann-Marie said...

Heidi - Are we supposed to be making something for church? Uh-oh! This is the first I've heard about it. Let me know!