Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Don’t Threaten Me

Yeah, so um, there is this one thing I don’t respond really well to.

That would be threats.

When my middle school bully was shoving me face first into a wooden door and shouting threats into my ear, I found my only sliver of courage and stepped on his foot hard enough for him to release his grasp. I shoved back at him and ran way.

Threats just make me mad.

My dad, one of the most peaceful men who ever walked this earth, was the same way. He said the only thing that made him fighting mad was when he was forced into a corner.

That said, I’m downright TIRED and starting to get annoyed that people are sending me e-mails, repeatedly, which predict dire threats to my health and well-being if I don’t forward the e-mail on to ten, fifteen, or thirty people.

I’m not doing it.

For myself, I have a solid “no threats” policy. If I do forward something on, I make sure there are no qualifications or directives. I just wish other people would have the same consideration.

WHEN will people learn that you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar (or threats)?

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I hate those too. I hope I have not sent any of those to you. :-)