Friday, July 27, 2007

Behind Every Classy Lady…

...is a schlub like me.

I stopped by Panera this morning to grab a perfectly unhealthy breakfast of a bagel, veggie smear, and chocolate chip cookie (I know, I know), and as I was leaving, I held the door for another woman heading out to work.

She was out-of-a-magazine gorgeous. Slender, tall, with mahogany colored hair, she was clad in beautifully cut career separates that highlighted a gym-sculpted body.

To top it off, she was nice. Sometimes, I hate it when beautiful people are nice. Makes it so much harder to dislike them.

She thanked me sweetly for holding the door. Holding her petite little bread bag, she glided across the parking lot, boosted herself into a dazzling black Hummer and roared politely out of the lot.

I felt like such a short, fat putz as I hoofed it my battered Taurus and climbed inside.

Thankfully, I had a chocolate chip cookie to make it all better. She may look gorgeous, but I’ll bet she hasn’t had chocolate in years!

And who wants to live like that!

3 comments:

Wendy said...

I agree. Chocolate is worth it!! Even if I had the body and the money, I wouldn't spend it on a Hummer!!-- and I doubt I'd buy many designer clothes.

Heidi said...

Hummer? Well, I might spend it on that.
To get the sculpted body, she probably has the chocolate and works out like crazy to get it off.

Toi said...

Hey. I know I am not an "out of the magazine" tpye gal, nor am I a - how you so elegantly put it - "fat putz," but, Sister, I am with you all the way, and I love cookies.