Monday, November 12, 2007

Urgent Prayer Request!

I work with an amazing woman named Merissa. On Sunday, she was air-lifted to the University of Wisconsin Hospital in Madison with a suspected aneurysm. She is currently in surgery.

Obviously, this is a very serious situation.


Merissa is only 28. She's had headaches off and on lately and has had a bad headache for the last week. She went to the doctor Thursday but was told that it was stress. Sunday morning, about 3:00 a.m., the pain was so bad she went to the emergency room. The doctors told her it was good she came in when she did or she could have died.

Please pray for her in surgery and the recovery time following. Merissa has no family nearby – no mother, no father. Her two sisters live in Virginia and are in no shape to care for her.


She needs your prayers and your thoughts. She is a sweet, caring person, in spite of having a hard life that could have caused her to go in many different directions. Instead, she is hard-working, responsible, and sweet-natured.

Again, I plead for your prayers. Merissa has always been the nurturer to those around her, and now that she needs nurturing there is no one for her – but us – those who believe in the power of prayer.

Please keep her in your prayers.

7 comments:

The Beard Bunch said...

I just did, and will continue to pray for her. Thanks for sharing. Hey, she has you, and that is a blessing for her.

The Beard Bunch said...

Ann-marie, I have a friend who pointed me to a site that "rates your blog" according to readability. I rated mine, and it was at a junior high level (Hmmmm.....). Anyway, I think you should try it; you have a much higher writing level than most people I read :) http://www.criticsrant.com/bb/reading_level.aspx

Ann-Marie said...

I just did! High school level. Figures. Glad my degree was good for something.

Ann-Marie said...

Thanks for the tip!

Wendy said...

How is she? I'm late reading this, and now I'm worried. I'm about that age.

Wendy said...

Nice blog tip, too. I got a college level score. Too bad that I never actually finished my degree, huh? Guess that proves that I can't even comprehend myself at times!

Linda said...

Praying for Merissa. Please keep us updated.