Monday, November 12, 2007

Independence Day

That’s right! My new car is finally here!

I’m so excited to have my freedom back. I am also SO grateful to the people who willingly drove me to work, home, and all the other places I had to go after the accident.

You are all wonderful - thank you so much.

I’m mostly excited to get plugged-back in at church.

When I was depending on Brett to transport me, it just wasn’t fair to ask him to take me to Ladies Bible Study or Kids-4-Truth. Since he works up to 12 hours a day, he’s too exhausted to do much more than fall into bed when he gets home, so I had to un-plug from those (very enriching) activities for more than a month.

Now, I can start up again.

I can also go to the Dollar Store, the mall, out to eat….hey, maybe having the car is going to drain my wallet!

I suppose it will anyway, considering we’re paying $3.29 for gas.

Either way, I don’t care! I’m just so glad to have wheels again.

I prayed in the car this morning that God would bless the use of it to His praise and glory. I hope you’ll say an extra prayer for my safety, too.

I could wait a long time, even forever, for another accident.

4 comments:

Charity said...

Hey post a pic of your new car. What kind is it and the color and all the good details!

Charity said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wendy said...

$3.29? Ouch! It's $3.02 here. Still not happy about that!!

Congrats on the new car!!

Ann-Marie said...

Yeah, the cost of gas is SO out of control! And people are spilling oil on birds in CA! Argh!

Charity - I will post photos ASAP. Promise!