Thursday, November 15, 2007

Breathlessly Busy

How do you people with kids do it?

I mean, I have no children, no obligations, and as long as there is some form of canned meat in the house, my husband can fend for himself.

Yet, I find myself breathless with busy-ness. Breathless! This week has been a whirlwind of go-there-do-that, so much so, I’m convinced my body purposely got itself sick on Wednesday purely to give itself a much-needed rest.

Monday was the invitation, icee, and movie-going good time. Tuesday consisted of hospital visits to two sick family/friends, and Ladies Bible Study. Wednesday would have been Kids 4 Truth but my body revolted (ha, I’m revolting!) and tied me to the um…throne…for a day, if you will.

Today looks to be crazy – lunch with Candice and a jewelry party at my Aunt Annette’s. Friday will be busy too, with Mom, me, and Angie hitting the theaters in search of intelligent life, um, er…movies.

Since our men (how’s THAT for sexist) will be out hunting (how’s THAT for stereotypical) we figured we’d go see a movie and hang out (how’s THAT for…well, never mind, I got carried away.)

I know what you’re saying. Girl, you don’t HAVE to do all this stuff. It’s not so hard to stay home, is it?

It is! I don’t know why, but my schedule seems to fill up on its own, and I rarely see my own house, but to kiss it hello on Saturday morning. Not that I literally kiss my house. That would be highly unhygienic, considering we have never washed our siding. Are you supposed to wash siding? You are, aren’t you?

I think much of this tracks back to when I was a teenager and had no friends, transportation, or the tiniest sliver of popularity. I don’t say that to make you feel sorry for me, since I believe it was the intense amount of fiction I read that helps me – to this day – maintain my sanity.

But now that I do have transportation, and (those strange, strange) people who actually want to hang out with me (still no word on the popularity, though), I want desperately to take advantage of it. I feel like I’m playing catch-up - trying to have the good times I missed out on as a fat-teenager-at-a-hyper-conservative-Christian-school-where-we-could do-nothing-fun-without-being-expelled-and-oh-all-the-guys-were-jerks.

Maybe. Maybe not.

Either way, I figure NOW is the time for me to indulge, since I don’t have kids. My mom-friends Angie and Carleen both claim to live vicariously though me. Although they also both believe they haven’t left the house in over a year.


And, to be honest, I enjoy being THAT person who can be available to hang out with when your husband suddenly doesn’t have to work and CAN watch the kids, and you need to get out completely spontaneously.

I believe it’s my ministry.

Ha! Ha! That was a good one.

Anyway, just wanted you all to know I haven’t vanished into a black hole, since I didn’t post yesterday.

I’m okay, just busy, but never too busy to blog!

2 comments:

Jennittia said...

You just make me smile!!! I think I will second the living through your times out. Oh, to see a movie- at the theater...

Heidi said...

When there is actually something to see at the theatre. That is not often. Ohh, looking forward to National Treasure II.
I just have nothing exciting to post regularly.