Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Aunt Ann-Marie





Aunt Ann-Marie. Trying saying THAT five times fast!

My nieces and nephews (my mother’s husband’s Gary’s daughter’s kids - okay so that was just fun to type) call me Aunt Marie, or in the case of Brett’s family – just plain Ann-Marie.

Enough about me. On to some happy news about a baby. It may not be mine, but the next best news is that I’m going to be an aunt!


My cousin Candice is expecting! Yea!

I asked her if it was okay to post her ultrasound photos on my blog, and she said I could share them. I’m so excited!

I know, I know…technically I’m not a “real” aunt, but Candice told me right away she’s making me an honorary aunt to this new little…girl! Candice (along with her sisters Charity and Colleen) are the closest thing I’ll ever HAVE to sisters, so I’m taking my aunt-ing responsibilities
seriously.

Mom and I went with Candice to her second ultrasound where the little miss decided to keep her legs firmly crossed, so the technician couldn’t give us a definitive answer on gender. Candice couldn’t take not knowing and went for another ultrasound where she discovered we are awaiting a little girl!

It’s been so wonderful hanging out with Candice – going maternity clothes shopping, buying cute little girl stuff, and planning the baby shower I am hosting!


There must be something in the water, as Candice is only one of five women in our family who are expecting.

Now, if I could only find out where they’re keeping that water!

5 comments:

Cindy Swanson said...

A new life is always a blessing. I got to have dinner with Candice the other night and it was great to see her. Today's ultrasound photos amaze me...no on can deny that there is a baby there!

Heidi said...

If more people saw their ultrasound pictures, there would be a lot fewer abortions.
Anyway, our pastor (at the church of my childhood) used to tell all us girls to stay away from the drinking fountain as women who would go near the drinking fountain seemed to end up pregnant. Hmmm, interesting!!

Ann-Marie said...

That's as close to "health" information that we got my childhood church, too! Funny!

Wendy said...

I love ultrasounds, too!! Babies are just incredible miracles.

My ultrasound pictures even helped ease my pain after numerous miscarriages. Oliver was a twin, but we lost one in the first trimester. I have the pictures to show him someday...

Juliet said...

A new member to the family on it's way! Thanks for posting the picutures. What joy is to come!