Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Pray for Grace

Well, I’m back.

I’d love to regale you with tales of autumn enjoyment on our oh-so-short family vacation, but I’ve descended into fundraising time here back on the job, so my time (inside, outside, and all around “work”) is simply consumed.

Instead, I’ll just ask you to pray for grace for me as I enter one of our busier times here at work. Please also pray that my transportation issues (since I’m minus a car due to my accident) during this hustle bustle time will be easily resolved.

In fact, if you don’t mind the extra knee time, please also pray for Brett.

At his job, there is an “E-2,” a time tracking device that is flawed in many ways and often gives a false report of how much time each worker spends doing his tasks. Despite numerous complaints from many employees, his company still uses the “E-2” to determine efficiency. Brett has been straddling the “efficiency” line, and even though we know God is our safety net, and not some job, we do ask for prayer concerning Brett and his job.

We all know how difficult it can be to work under pressure and time, especially if the possibility exists that we are being judged by a flawed device.

Just to give you an example, the “E-2” gives him a 70% one day and 118% the next day, even if he does everything EXACTLY the same. His co-workers are all disgruntled at what they view as an inaccurate reflection of their competency. Brett is right there with them.

And we all know how disliking your job affects life for you and especially those around you (said the longsuffering wife).

Well, I’m off! As always, your prayers are most appreciated.

P.S. - It’s good to be back in the company of some of my favorite people – friendly bloggers!

7 comments:

Jennittia said...

I have been on the receiving end so much this year, it is time for me to be on the "doing" side! You and Brett will be in my prayers.

Heidi said...

I've heard of machines like that. It is unfortunate that it is flawed and the company won't admit it.
Is there any way that he can go to the company and protest the results of the time measure?

Ann-Marie said...

I can't believe they haven't listened to their employees yet! One Saturday all the weekend drivers walked off the job due to this machine! You'd think they'd listen if an entire SHIFT discounted the results!

Wow, I used a lot of !'s!

The Beard Bunch said...

Ann-Marie, It is good to see you got back safely! I will definitely be praying for you at work and Brett's situation as well. Remember, God uses the "good, the bad, and the ugly" in our lives :)

CANDICE said...

yeah there were 2 drivers that did walk off the job and a lot of employees are discouraged by how it tracks there performance. I work there i know. I'll pray for you guys.candice

mom2mine said...

Glad to have you back.

I will be praying for you guys!

Anonymous said...

Maybe that will help us think twice before judging others on anything...since we're all just "flawed devices" anyway =) I hope it gets straightened out soon.