Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Just a Question

If you are a Christian, you’ve been probably been asked to boycott something or another at one time.

If you’ve been reading my blog, then you know of my recent discovery of a planned Christian boycott of the atheism -promoting The Golden Compass movie. I also recall being asked to boycott the oil companies, NYPD Blue, and The End of the Spear movie.

Here’s my question.

Have you ever boycotted something where the boycott made a difference?

I’m really curious to see if this sort of thing has worked in the past. Let me know!

3 comments:

Heidi said...

The "super" Christian movements like AFA and Focus on the Family claim that it works.
I remember being told to boycott S.C. Johnson (which means that basically you cannot clean your house) and Disney (which would mean that you could not watch ESPN, ABC, and countless others). We used to go to Disneyland (CA) and I am planning on going to Disney World (FL) next Spring so obviously we never boycotted Disney. The latest is FORD because they supposedly support the Homosexual agenda.
I have no idea if they work or not. However, I think with the kind of movie that we are considering of boycotting, it may work. If you remember, The End of the Spear ended up being a flop.

Anonymous said...

Check out the boycott on FORD. I would never buy one anyway, but I signed on that one.

Anonymous said...

And, if it doesn't "work", then does it help the company somehow?