Friday, August 17, 2007

Totally Cool Co-Workers!

I have the world’s best co-workers.

Really!

Yesterday, one off my co-workers offered to take me out to lunch to celebrate my birthday. I told her that was SO sweet. She wanted to know where I wanted to go, but I asked her if she had a taste for anything. “I was thinking Olive Garden,” she said.

In my head, I’d been thinking Arby’s or Beef-a-Roo, since I didn’t want her to go broke taking me out to lunch, so I was like, “Wow, Olive Garden. Are you sure?”

She was like, “Yeah, let’s go there.”

So, not only did she drive me all the way to the Olive Garden, she bought us an appetizer (toasted ravioli and fried mozzarella), both our meals, AND the Black Tie Mousse Cake for dessert! I could NOT believe it! That must have cost her a MINT!

I had no idea she was going to treat me to that much. We’ve become friends, but WOW, I mean for a co-worker to go all out like that…it’s just this wonderful surprise I never expected!

It was a great start to my birthday celebration! I’m also SUPER excited for my birthday party tonight at Mom’s. Some of my very best family and friends are going to be there, and (honestly) who could ask for anything more?

Well, (honestly) I wouldn’t mind just a tad more of that Black Tie Mousse Cake.

Oh. My. Yum.

3 comments:

Wendy said...

WOW, how very sweet!!

Heidi said...

That black tie mousse cake has a tendency to make us all longing for more.

Robin Hayes said...

What am I missing? I've never had it?