Thursday, August 16, 2007

Happy Birthday From The Rotten Poet

To Tancy

It’s your birthday – a happy time of year
Memories of you are what I hold so dear
Diving for the volleyball or dribbling down the courts
I didn’t really know you, but that you loved your sports

Off we went to college – making separate friends
But now we find we made the same ones, so I guess it just depends
On how I see you now through your precious blogs
When I cry with laughter as you talk of bathroom clogs

We’ve a great deal in common now – mostly with the pounds
We’ll keep trying to lose them ‘til Doomsday comes around
I’ve come to treasure you, and on your shoulder always lean
My sporty, spirited friend – another rebel from Berean

Happy Birthday, Tancy!!!


And YES, I know it isn’t until tomorrow, but poorly written poetry waits for no woman.

2 comments:

mom2mine said...

Thanks so much!

I hope you have a wonderful birthday too! Enjoy your Girls Night In tonight!

thanks again!

The Beard Bunch said...

Wow, Tancy should feel lucky! That was quite the poem. Happy Birthday to both of you crazy girls:)