Monday, August 13, 2007

My New Photo

I was recently interviewed for a local magazine article. They asked me for a head-and-shoulders photo to run alongside the article.

Well, when one is not particularly thrilled with how one looks, one does not necessarily sit around snapping photos of oneself. Therefore, I had no recent photo to give them.

The magazine would not take “no” for an answer, so they sent me over to a local photographer for a business photo…at THEIR expense!

Unfortunately for me, it was the hottest day of the year. Hence, my hair is flat and a tad bit frizzled. However, I am grateful, as the photographer was a pro, and my co-worker Nancy came along to help tame my tepid tresses.

The work of art you see (at right) is the result. Believe me, it’s 100 times better than it would have been if I had not had a professional photographer.

Studying myself in a professionally shot photo brings about all the normal self criticisms about how I would like to look better. But what puzzles me most is that I do not look like the kind of person I envision myself to be.


Maybe it’s just me, but when you look at my photo, doesn’t it bring to mind someone who bakes a lot of cookies and swaps recipes at the local A&P?

I look positively domestic.

God definitely has a sense of humor.

P.S. – And NO, I don’t know why I am all hunched over like that. Seriously, I don’t remember any hunching.

4 comments:

Heidi said...

what magazine is this?

Ann-Marie said...

Northwest Quarterly - it covers the entire stateline area!

Anonymous said...

You look positively professional and completely American...as for the slouching...well, I don't think you probably were until they had you adjust your posture fifteen times, I'm kinda surprised you look comfortable!

Wendy said...

It's a good picture. Man, you are too hard on yourself! You do look very professional and "American," as Tob said. :-) he, he.
I'm glad they made you get it done!! You should frame it in your house, too.