Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Baby Shower Bingo!

Sunday was church, and then a family baby shower for my Cousin Jason’s wife, Jennifer. They are having a girl, due on September 6, which also happens to be Aunt Judi’s birthday (for you Rehfeldt family members out there). She’s rooting for a birth-on-her-birthday.

Since I share my August birthday with my oldest and youngest aunts, I know how cool it is! So, fingers crossed for another double birthday!

Brett was born on his dad’s and his uncle’s birthday. In fact, Brett’s dad, who is NOT a sentimental man, likes to tell people that Brett is the best birthday gift he ever got.

Aww…is that sweet or what?

Brett’s favorite family photo is of him at four years old sitting on his father’s lap during their birthday blowing out their candles together.

Say it with me people, aww….

My second cousin Hannah was almost born on “our” birthday but decided she wanted to be her own person and held on for one extra day! Aunt Linda, Aunt Laurie, and I were a little sad!

Jennifer’s shower was fun! Kara (who is married to Jason’s brother – and obviously also my cousin – Paul) hosted the shower at her house. The food was fabulous, catered by King’s Table Catering. There were vegetarian-friendly organic foods and sandwiches, since Jason and Jennifer are ardent vegetarians. There was also a meat tray for any carnivores in attendance. Everything was SO good!

A special cake was brought it from Dinkleman’s, the famous Chicago bakery. The cake was especially decadent with a strawberry filling. I don’t even LIKE strawberries, and this was one of the best cakes I’ve ever tasted!

There was also a new baby shower game – Baby Shower Bingo – where we crossed off squares for common baby gift items. The first one to bingo won a prize. I liked the game because it made you personally invested in what she was unwrapping, instead of oohing and aahing and not really paying attention (okay, I admit it. I don’t pay attention at baby showers. Never have. Sorry). But the game helped hold my attention and boy did I care what she was getting!

Aunt Louise was the first one to bingo. No surprise there.

There was nice representation of Jason’s family there with Aunt Venita (the grandma-to-be aka Jason’s mom), Kara, Mom, me, Aunt Louise, Aunt Judi, and Elizabeth.

It was great to see family and “shower” the soon-to-be-baby with gifts, including a Baby Bjorn from several of us Rehfeldt family members!

3 comments:

mom2mine said...

Ann Marie,

I was tryin gto email you but I can't find your email addy. I was wondering if you got my invitation for the pampered chef party.

Any cahnce you are coming?

Wendy said...

I wish I'd read this about two weeks ago!! We had my sister's baby shower right after her daughter was born, and this would have been so much fun for us. I'll havta remember it for the next sister or friend... Thanks for the blog.

Heidi said...

Great idea. I wonder who is in charge of Becky's shower next week.