Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Steak Fry Friday

Our church partnered with Mom and Gary’s church – well, that’s not the church’s official name (it’s First Baptist) but that’s how we like to think of it – for a men’s Steak Fry on Friday. With Brett and Gary on their way to High Cholesterol City, Mom and I decided to celebrate with a Girl’s Night Out!

We looked up the Cattail Lounge (at the Ramada Inn in Beloit) menu online and decided to try it out.

Wouldn’t you know it? When we got there, we discovered that, on Friday night, they don’t allow off-the-menu ordering. Instead, they have a steak and shrimp buffet. Now, this might be good news for some people, but the two things I avoid (like the plague) are RED MEAT and SEAFOOD. So, there you go. Cattail Lounge (at least on a Friday) is NOT the place for me!

We settled on DiGiovanni’s in Roscoe. Mom treated herself to filet mignon and a virgin Pina Colada. She asked the waitress two times to make sure it was alcohol-free. Mom’s always afraid someone is going to try to slip her some alcohol just to mess with her mind. Ah, my mother!

I was going to buy something “el cheapo” until Mom offered to treat. Well, then, of course, I had to try the Chicken Alfredo Pizza. And I let Mom talk me into trying a virgin Peach Daiquiri. Both were – oh. my. yum. – delicious.

Afterward, we went back to Mom’s and watched a movie Mom bought for $1 at a garage sale the previous day. It was…well, let’s just say it was over priced. Oh well, they can’t all be winners!

Brett checked in via cell phone after the steak-fry and managed to talk me into going home, so we could actually see each other for more than five minutes.

It’s nice to be missed!

P.S. – Thanks for the delicious dinner, Mom! You know, I think my drink tasted funny. How was yours? Ha! Ha! Just kidding!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

try a VIRGIN strawberry daiguiri sometime. Those are pretty good.