Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Everything You Wanted To Know But Were Afraid To Ask

As I read through different blogs, questions seem to circle in my mind. Questions I would like to ask the blog’s writer.

Of course, I rarely do, since I don’t wish to sound offensive or combative. Since my sarcasm doesn’t always translate well to the written word, I tend to err on the side of caution.

(Okay, my family, you may stop laughing. You KNOW I never MEAN to be offensive. Imagine if I TRIED. Seriously. Stop giggling.)

Some examples of this would be:

Why do you home school? (Wendy)
Why does illegal immigration bother you? (October)

I don’t have a great deal of pre-disposed knowledge on these topics, and frankly I’m just curious.

I say all this, since I imagine one or two people might have a question they’d like to ask me about XYZ. Why do I like movies so much? Why do I advocate zero population growth? Why all the bunny love?

Or maybe even more serious topics...

So, I’m just saying if you have a burning question, like I know I do, feel free to ask!

4 comments:

Heidi said...

same to you. I may answer in the way of email, but you may ask all you want.

Wendy said...

Well, my answers usually vary, depending on who I'm talking to. ;-)
It all comes down to what we really think God wants us to do. We really prayed and prayed about it. When we thought we knew what we should do, we asked God to shut doors if we were wrong. Instead, doors just flew open in front of us. Not that struggles now will make me doubt God's leading...

For a longer answer, I'll have to blog about it soon!! I could give you a hundred reasons, although we know it's not for everyone.

And feel free to ask questions. I do wonder about the bunny love... :-)

Wendy said...

Oh, and a biggie (besides safety) is that I would rather brainwash my own kids than let someone else do it. Teachers have their own morals, goals, agendas and those things will be passed on to students.

I also do not want my kids to learn about sex from their 6th grade coach in public school.

And I was homeschooled myself, off and on, and I loved it.

Guess I couldn't help myself...

Anonymous said...

I guess you'll have to see my blog too...if I ever get time for a longer answer... but try this on for size:
Officer: You're drunk you can't even stand up straight.
Driver(in a drunken slurr): You don't understand, Sir, I've been doing this for years.
Officer: How many years? Were you doing this before March 8th 1997?
Driver: Oh yeah, years before. It's part of my family tradition. All of us drink, and drive, and I have a reputation to keep up at home.
Officer: what kind of documentation do you have?
Driver (digs in glove compartment): Here's a note from my wife.
Note: My husband is a hopeless drunk.
Officer: Oh, I'm so sorry. Never mind the ticket. In fact, here's a voucher for a new car down at the dealer here in town. Just hand this to them with the note from your wife and you can drive away in your brand new vehicle... no need to make payments... apart from the $10 service fee and some gas.
Driver: It's about time you came to your senses.
Crazy? Check out NumbersUSA, You Don't Speak for Me, Keep Arkansas Legal... The Minuteman Civil Defense Corp...Fire Society.org
You are against women being oppressed...unless of course they're American-born citizen women? in which case-bring it on! (please hear the sarcasm) and you think population control is important? Read Californians for Population Stabilization.
(Did I say this was a short answer?)
I believe that it is defendable that American citizens and legal immigrants have rights and illegal immigrants are criminals if only because they have broken Federal immigration law by entering and remaining in the US without permission, using someone else's identity to work via identity theft/social security theft, and sent their kids to school to build gangs and rape the white girls. Not to mention their other family members back in the home country.
And then, why protect and appease the illegal immigrants while bullying the legal immigrants waiting in line or being denied at $100 a head in the US embassies worldwide just because they were stupid enough to acknowledge and obey American law?