Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Heartbreaking Hurt

Have you ever received news that made you feel like you were being punched in the stomach?

I received this kind of news yesterday. Something I never saw coming. Something tragic happened to a good friend of mine – something that will change her life, for the rest of her life.

My heart broke in two for her. Hurt is so human. It’s understandable we long for “heaven and home” when appalling circumstances cause heart wrenching pain.

How I feel for my dear friend! She is so precious to me, and what is so amazing about her is her reaction to her situation. She is a believer, but bearing up under a strain that many believers would instantly buckle under (including, I’m sure, myself), and I can’t express my love and support for her enough.

Please pray with me that God will be with her through this most difficult and stressful time. That He would fill her with peace and strength. That He would comfort her in her time of need.

We can be confident that God will take care of His children!

3 comments:

joydriven said...

i will be praying.

Heidi said...

I wanted to blog about it, but I was not sure what exactly to say, so thanks for saying what I was trying to figure out. Of course, I all ready have been praying.

Anonymous said...

I'm praying for both you and your friend in reference to this news.