Saturday, April 28, 2007

The Reason I’m Blogging = BOO!!!

It’s early in the morning, and I really should be sleeping, since we are going to see Fiddler on the Roof at Fireside today.

But I can’t.

Two reasons. One, I had entirely too much caffeine, in the form of TWO GIANT Diet Cokes at the movie theater tonight. Second, Angie and I watched two very good, but also suspenseful-bordering-on-scary movies, and all I can see when I close my eyes is people jumping out at me.

So, therefore, I am awake.

We watched Disturbia and The Invisible. Both were good, but Disturbia was really, really good - even though we saw it in a theater packed full of junior high girls who screamed at every jolt. It was THAT good, I barely noticed the screamers.

I’ve been SO busy this past week that I’ve had NO time to blog, but there is SO much to blog about. To get caught up on.

I’ll do my best.

Since last Friday, every time something happened, I found myself full of observations. But as time passes, I find myself forgetting my observations, and I have to talk myself out of taking the easy route of just boiling everything down to one sentence.

For instance, after our church’s Women’s Bible Conference, I might have talked about the speaker, the topics, and the food. Now, I’m just tempted to say that I WENT to our church’s bible conference and leave it at that.

Some of you may say, “Just do that! Your blog entries are LONG enough as it is.”

But WHEN have you known ME to settle for being concise?! Remember? I was the one who had to make my school essays shorter, while the rest of you were struggling for the last 1,000 of that 2,000 word essay.

But, I always leave myself a loophole, so here’s the Cliffnotes version of my week. To be blogged about later, if possible.

Last Friday & Saturday
Attended Morningstar’s Women’s Bible Conference with Mom

Sunday
Left for Tennessee with Candice

Monday
Arrive in Tennessee. Bunk at Charity, Colleen, and BJ’s beautiful home. Attend South Haven’s Mother/Daughter Tea to honor Aunt Laurie and Grandma.

Tuesday
Go shopping at a Tennessee mall with Mom, Aunt Laurie, Aunt Louise, Aunt Jan, Charity, Colleen, and Candice. Spend time in Borders solo while drinking a vanilla bean frappe from SBC and perusing rejected New Yorker cartoons. Go to Big Lots with Candice and BJ.

Wednesday
Pack up and head back home with Candice.

Thursday
Lay around and watch TV. Silence guilt about the things I should be doing with the rationalization that it IS my vacation.

Friday
Go to the movies with Angie. Freak out. Become too jittery and scared to sleep. Blog early into Saturday morning.

Upcoming….

Saturday
See Fiddler on the Roof at Fireside Dinner Theater with Brett, Mom, Gary, Aunt Jan, and Uncle Darryl.

Stay tuned, folks. It’s all non-stop action and excitement from here on out!

I’m sure you’re breathless already!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I knew you were busy since I read your post concerning how fast your April calendar filled up. I'm glad that you had a good trip and I'll be looking back often to see what more you post. I love hearing from you!