Monday, June 25, 2007

Frantic Friday

Sorry for the wait between Thursday and Friday! I’m sure you were glued to your PC breathless for details!

So, going forward in my weekend wanderings, I believe I was on (da, da, DUM!) Friday.

Frantic Friday

Well, I don’t know if it is okay to call it “frantic” when I did take a four hour nap in the middle of the day. The evening was frantic, anyway!

Earlier in the day, I worked, and then I was off at 1:00 p.m. courtesy of our summer hours. I went home and took that luscious four hour nap. It was so delicious and refreshing!

I fear I am becoming a sleepaholic with how much I am enjoying my naps these days.

I wandered out of bed at 5:30 p.m., spruced myself up from looking like a disheveled homeless person, and managed to make it over to my cousin’s house at 6:30 p.m. for an Usborne book party. My cousin-in-law Kara was one of the two people who attended my book party and booked her party from my show. So, if I went to her party, I would get $20 of books for only $5. That’s a pretty good deal.

Best of all, I got to see Carleen (who is first my friend and then my Usborne Book Consultant). Plus Kara had an awesome cucumber dip from Tastefully Simple, along with chocolate covered strawberries, chocolate dipped pretzels, and (dang it, I’m hungry now) fresh, ripened raspberries. Mmmmmm! Oh, she had sangria, too, but I stuck to Diet Coke (I’m SO addicted).

I bought That’s Not My Snowman, That’s Not My Bunny, and Woolly’s Walk. A friend of mine just found out she is pregnant, due early next year, so I’m planning to add these to the baby’s library.

After the show wrapped up, Carleen and I had the brainstorm that we should totally go out to Applebee’s, split an appetizer, and get caught up on each other’s lives. It was a blast! We always have SUCH a good time together, and plus we had a quesadilla – my favorite appetizer EVER!

Brett called my cell at 11:50 p.m. and said he just wanted to make sure I was okay, and then Carleen and I realized we had totally lost track of time – it was nearly midnight! We’d been talking without stopping for almost FOUR HOURS! We said hurried goodbyes and headed to our homes.

I finally fell in bed (again) at around 12:30 a.m. with a nice warm husband who gave me a hug, a kiss, and only said, “I hope you had a good time. Love ya. Good night baby.”

Sometimes, he’s the sweetest thing ever, too!


Cindy Swanson said...

Hi Anne-Marie! I found your blog through Charity and Colleen. Hope you'll come visit mine when you get a moment!

I'm adding you to my blogroll. :)

Ann-Marie said...

Hi, Cindy! I've been on your blog lots of times, but I'm a shy commenter. Good to hear from you. I'm sure I'll stop by soon!

Heidi said...

Sounds like a fun evening.