Friday, June 29, 2007

The Comfy Couch Potato

Last night was a dream! After go, go, going all week, I finally had a night just to relax.

I only had one more trip on my way home from work - to visit the cantankerous staff at the Rockton Wal-Mart.


Actually, I had been invited to a “kitsch” party at our graphic designer’s house – handmade cards, purses, jewelry – but I don’t know our designer all that well, and I didn’t want to go by myself. I hit up my co-workers, but everyone was totally broke or exhausted. I took it as a sign that God didn’t want me spending any more money on costume jewelry!

I stopped at Wal-Mart for a surprisingly brief couple of moments to pick up what we’d forgotten during our last trip. Except of course, I forgot to return Brett’s damaged DVD of The Deer Hunter . Another trip, another time. That’s how lazy I am about going all the way back out to my car!

Anyway, I made it home by 6:30 p.m. and was able to enjoy a deluxe dine-in dinner of Wolfgang Puck’s Four Cheese Pizza (frozen) with fat-free ranch dipping sauce (I know – what’s the point at that point, huh?) and a delicious dessert of Breyer’s French Chocolate Fat Free Double Churn ice cream topped with Hershey's Lite Chocolate Syrup and several generous dollops of Cool Whip Lite. Mmmm…so good!


Brett and I vegged out on the couches and watched NBC’s comedy night – My Name is Earl, The Office (3 episodes – it was a marathon – I was in John Krasinski heaven!), and the very last (ever) Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip (it’s not being renewed by the network for next fall).

Brett was heartened to hear one of his favorite shows this year, Jericho, was saved from cancellation by avid fans sending over 50,000 pounds of nuts to CBS. It was in reaction to the last episode where one of the characters utters “Nuts” to an enemy. It had been on the chopping block, but viewer response forced the network to renew the show for the fall. Yea, Jericho!

I knew a guy in Bible college who was named Jericho. I’m sure his parents thought it would be original, but (to be honest) everyone just called him Jerry, and that’s not original at all.

So, finally, a nice normal stay-at-home night.

Now, today, we are meeting friends for a late lunch at 2:30 p.m. at the Golden Corral (Is that good? - We’ve never been there.). Then, I have GOT, GOT, GOT to get my Mary Kay act together enough to place my order!

Today is also PAYDAY! Whoo-hoo!

Tomorrow, we have the annual 4th of July bash at Paul and Kara’s.


Sunday is church, and then it starts all over again!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

We are not huge buffet people, but we like GC. Yhe staff is friendly and the food is fresh, not to mention the good selection. By the time you get this comment your lunch will be over and you will know for yourself.

Ann-Marie said...

We actually ended up going to Old Country Buffet, and it was really good. We had a nice time talking to Jim and Nancy. Jim is a non-cessationist, hmmm, now I KNOW that is the proper term - not "speaking in tongues weirdo" - like I used before. Hee. Hee. See, I used "weirdo," too!