Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Thin Skinned

Okay, friends! I need your help!

Pregnancy is wreaking havoc on my skin. Currently, I’m dealing with a severe breakout on my neck.


I don’t know if it’s an allergic reaction to something (I’ve stopped using perfume, just in case) or just a bad case of pregnancy breakout, or WHAT. Either way, it’s gross, and it itches!

I’ve called my OB to let him know, and hopefully either he or my APN will be able to look at it during my ultrasound on Thursday.

However, I would REALLY welcome YOUR suggestions concerning what brands of pregnancy-safe cleansers, moisturizers, or home remedies you used to deal with skin problems during your pregnancy.

Currently, I am using Cetaphil cleanser and moisturizer. The pregnancy websites have recommended it very highly, but I’ve been using it the whole time and this breakout is just getting worse.

If you can help, PLEASE do!

Thanks!

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Well, you are already using what I would have suggested. I always use Cetaphil. Oh- I also use Vitamin E lotion. It's safe, smooth, thick and rich. I have combination skin, and am prone to breakout, but Vitamin E doesn't bother me a bit.

Robin Hayes said...

Definitely talk to your doctor! What do you use for laundry detergent? I've had to go to using all dye and scent free products - no fabric softeners or dryer sheets either. Ryan and I have problems with breaking out, and it's been much better since I made the laundry switch. I hope that you get relief soon!