Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Pregnancy Brain Bomb

My friend Susan was pregnant with her third child just about the same time Brett and I started really “trying” to have a baby.

One day, I remember her telling me she had “serious pregnancy brain,” and that she kept forgetting everything. I was a little skeptical about her claim and actually thought it was kind of silly.

Oh, how the mighty have fallen!

Yesterday, I was on my 700th trip to the restroom. As I stood up and was pulling my jeans, I had the same thought that has ticker-taped through my head since I was eight years old.

“Man, Ann-Marie! You have just got to lose weight. You’ve really been packing it on, girl!”

You guessed it. Somehow, someway, I actually forgot I was pregnant!

I continued to feel bad about my rotund physical condition for approximately 20 seconds until the stretch band of my maternity jeans snapped across my abdomen.

“Oh, duh,” was the only thought that flickered in my brain, as realization dawned.

I couldn’t help laughing at myself with the guilty awareness that I had just suffered a major attack of my very own “pregnancy brain.”

I’m so sorry, Susan. Vindication is finally yours!

3 comments:

a joyful nusiance said...

That is funny!

Wendy said...

haaaaaahaaaaa!!! It happens to the best of us.

Heidi said...

hee hee. Welcome to the world of pregnancy.