Friday, April 03, 2009

Friday Fanfare

This morning, Brett and I received a blessing.

A shot out of the sky, blinding white light, knocked down to the floor amazing blessing. God used some people we barely know to shed His grace abundantly upon us.

I can’t share all the details, because so much is yet unknown. But the very idea. The very idea that God is so obviously involved in our lives, that He hears us when we pray, left me staggered and breathless.

A melody sprung up within my heart, along with these words that have given me great comfort, both as a child and even now.

I remember hearing it lifted high by the choir at Memorial Baptist Church, and to this day – to THIS day, especially – it remains one of my favorite songs.

He giveth more grace as our burdens grow greater,

He sendeth more strength as our labors increase;
To added afflictions He addeth His mercy,
To multiplied trials He multiplies peace.

When we have exhausted our store of endurance,

When our strength has failed ere the day is half done,
When we reach the end of our hoarded resources
Our Father’s full giving is only begun.

His love has no limits, His grace has no measure,

His power no boundary known unto men;
For out of His infinite riches in Jesus
He giveth, and giveth, and giveth again.

3 comments:

a joyful nusiance said...

I cannot wait to hear about this!! Praise God for his grace!!

Wendy said...

Praising God with you!! He is so good, and provides even more than we dream to ask...

a joyful nusiance said...

No, I'm glad you are MY friend!! BTW, Words can't describe how happy I am for you. My heart has truly been joyful because of you!! I can NOT wait to meet SAM!!!