Thursday, April 23, 2009

Pirate Booty

Since I’ve announced my pregnancy, many friends have offered me their resources. People have graciously loaned me maternity clothes, books, and other baby-friendly items.

My friend Kristie even gave me something called “Toddler Spray.” I have no idea what it’s for, but I have a feeling I’m going to be grateful for it.

To be honest, I’ve been so scatterbrained I can’t always remember who loaned me what.

Yesterday, Brett cleaned out my car. It was SO jam-packed with junk. And, for once, it’s mostly my fault. When your energy level is a low as mine, stuff like that just has to wait.

Anyway, my sweet husband took the time to clean out the car and sort through the mess I had stuffed deep in my back seat. He called me at work to tell me he “found a pair of baby jeans.”

“What pair of baby jeans?” I asked.

“In the back seat,” he explained patiently. “I put it in a Target bag on the counter.”

I forgot all about it when he picked me up from work yesterday. I was too excited, because I had received a $10 Kohl’s gift card in the mail. Brett and I planned to hit Kohl’s after work and buy Sam his first official outfit from Mom and Dad.

However, as I searched the Kohl’s racks for baby boy clothes, I was heartily disappointed. There was not ONE baby boy outfit I liked, even a little. The outfits were either WAY to “cutesy” or just plain, old boring.

Eventually, I found an organic T-shirt that was just “okay.” I hesitantly picked it up, and Brett said, “Honey, you don’t HAVE to buy a baby outfit. You can buy something else.”

I decided he was right. I found two bottles of “indulgent body wash” on sale for $5 each, and since I was running low on body wash, decided it would be a better use of my gift card.

This morning, as I was getting ready for work, I found the Target bag Brett had put on the counter. I peeked inside and was surprised to find a cute pair of brand new baby jeans and an adorable T-shirt exclaiming “Pirate Loot” in a great font.

It was EXACTLY the sort of thing I would have been ecstatic to find at Kohl’s. I loved it at first sight.

The problem? I have no idea who it's from!

Either someone gave it to me, and I completely forgot, or someone decided to “secret sister” me and slipped it in my car when I wasn’t looking.

So, I just want to say – to whoever gave us such a thoughtful gift – thank you! Please let me know if it was you, so I can thank you in person.

You have provided one less day Sam will have to run around naked!

And probably one less time I’ll have to use the “Toddler Spray.”

8 comments:

Cindy Swanson said...

How cool! I must confess, the idea of "toddler spray" has my imagination going wild.

Thanks for the welcome-back comment on my blog. Not only have I not been blogging, I haven't really been reading other people's blogs either! I just kind of zoned out into Facebook.

I don't want to give up my blog, though, and blogging is kind of like Hollywood. You're only as good as your last post, and if you stay out the game for a while, people forget you completely!

CANDICE said...

Lol. You will have to show me your "pirate loot" outfit! Wasn't from me...Don't you lock your car!!?! Hope all is well.

Alice said...

I was so mesmerized by "Toddler Spray" (a spray to keep toddlers away from me? a spray to keep toddlers apart when they're fighting?) that I had to google it. Ahhhh, now I understand! I wish I had had some when I needed it.

Cool on the pirate outfit! A place to get some cute boys' clothes (I think) is Old Navy...

a joyful nusiance said...

I have never heard of toddler spray! What is it for?!?!

Heidi said...

ooo, bonus for you, an outfit that you didn't know you had.
Toddler spray? I will have to look that up. I might need that for my toddler now.
Be thinking of what you want to bring your sweet boy home in also. That is something that you may also want to pick out yourself and you will want to have it on hand before he is born.

Juliet said...

It wasn't me! But it was sure nice of someone.

Had to laugh at Alice use of the toddler's spray. Only a mother of two young children would arrive at that use. Maybe she could market a spray for that use. :0)

mom2mine said...

YOu lost me at TODDLER SPRAY.

WHAT IN THE WORLD IS THAT, and why haven't had it through four toddlers?

Wendy said...

I'm off to google "toddler spray," too. But here's one for you: have you recieved any butt paste? ;-) My sis just got some with one of her shower gifts.

Such a sweet gift from someone. You'll have to update us if you ever find out who it is from!