Thursday, January 25, 2007

Realization

There are times in life when I realize how very fortunate I am. Everything in my life can be in turmoil, and yet something happens that causes my over-worked heart to be at peace. I sense a gratefulness I know can only be caused by Christ.

I had one of these moments on Tuesday night. Mom and I had gone to Weight Watchers, then to dinner, and then I finally took her to see (the surprisingly good) The Queen at the movie theater.

Right after the movie finished, the house lights went up. Mom looked over at me and smiled. There was so much unsaid in that smile, but since I know Mom so well, I could read most of it.

It said:

“I’m glad you’re my daughter. I’m proud of you. I know you are going through a rough time right now, but I’m here for you. I will always be here for you. I love spending time with you. You are the most important person in my life. Thank for coming to see this movie with me, which I know you didn’t really want to see. Thanks for being my daughter. Thank for loving me back and sticking by my side all these years through joy and sorrow. God will take care of both of us, and for good measure, He’s given us each other.”

I smiled back at her, and she nodded. I hope she read my smile. It said:

“Me too, Mom. Me too.”

I’m grateful to God for my amazing mother. She brings me peace, joy, and much happiness.

I love you, Mom!

No comments: