Monday, January 15, 2007

Just Being Me

What a day! What a wonderful, glorious, lazy day!

Mmm, I love a day off work! The fact that it snowed five inches and also happened to be a paid holiday – thank you, Dr. King – made it all the better.

At work, it used to be that we didn’t have a paid holiday (after THE holidays) until Memorial Day – that’s a LONG time to go without any time off. So, about two years ago, we all gathered together and managed to snowball our managers into letting us take Martin Luther King, Jr. Day off – as a paid holiday!

And like I said, today was purrfect, since it snowed, and I got to stay in and do absolutely nothing. Mmmmm.

Let me take you through my day:

10:00 p.m. – 7:00 a.m.
Read my book and then slept like a baby

7:00 a.m. – 8:00 a.m.
My husband got home, and we, well….uh….you know.

8:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.
Cuddle time in big, warm bed

9:00 a.m.
Got up, dragged myself downstairs, (leaving husband upstairs in well-deserved sleep mode) had some breakfast, put X-Men 2 in and promptly fell back asleep on the couch

11:00 a.m.
Husband gets up. We change places. He watches a movie, and I go back upstairs to sleep

11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Start new book. Read in bed – my second favorite thing to do in there. Fall back asleep on chapter 16.

12:00 – 5:00 p.m.
Husband comes back upstairs. We change places. He goes to sleep. I go watch TV on the couch.

5:00 – 9:00 p.m.
I watch TV in my favorite position – hanging upside down on the couch. I’ll bet you can’t do THAT when you have kids.

9:00 – 9:30 p.m.
Get husband up, make his lunch, send him off to work.

9:30 – 10:00 p.m.
Call Angie. Discuss our recent Netflix rentals. Give thumbs up/thumbs down analysis. Talk about kids, lazy days, work, and how old we are getting.

10:00 pm. - ???
Wrote blog entry and enjoyed last few hours of low stress living.

So, that’s it. I reckon (ha, ha, I just wrote “reckon”) that I slept almost ten hours today. I feel SO rested, and I’m still a little tired. So nice to get caught up on my sleep.

Oh, I forgot, I took a hot bubble bath in our Jacuzzi sometime in there, too. It was so nice to have a day where I could just be me, just be lazy, and just be, you know? Just be.

Mmmm, I love a lazy day.

No comments: