Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Slogans! Get Your Slogans!

I should have gone into advertising. I love creating slogans, one liners, titles, and captions of all kinds. Recently, I found a website where I can indulge this passion. I go to www.zazzle.com and create T-shirts, mugs, and other items. Two of my recent favorites are:

(As listed earlier)
I don’t have OCD.
I don’t have OCD.
I don’t have OCD.

And

Rabbit owners do it like….well, you know.

It is SO fun! I also love coming up with what I think would be interesting book titles. Last night I was surveying the bunny cardboard kingdom that is slowly but surely taking over our master bedroom, and I thought, Wouldn’t a good book title be – The City of Boxes? It sounds like it could be an expose on homelessness. Or maybe The Box Dwellers?

I am always thinking of titles for my own writing-works-in-progress. Here are the ones I have in progress right now:

Fiction:
Sky Seven (futuristic mystery thriller)
Gang Land (end-of-the-world action adventure/love story)
*Bruised (foster child fiction)
*This is the first in a planned trilogy. The other two books are Beaten and Broken (or Buried – I haven’t decided on the last title yet.) Actually when I told a very supportive friend about these titles, she started joking about other titles – like Bludgeoned, Back Handed, and Buried – which I actually like and might use instead of Broken. It’s hard for writers to share, but, in this case, I’m glad I did, since I might have a better title!

No titles yet for:
Colin & Lexi (working title – historical fiction)
Josh & Sarah (working title - mystery thriller)
The Farm (working title – historical fiction)

Non-Fiction:
The X Word
(my life stories)
Bystanders (my life stories)
The Sherman Avenue Rehfeldts (collection of family stories)

Wow, now that I look at that list, I realize I better start getting the pedal to the metal on these! I love each one of them.


Now, I just hope I’m as excited, passionate, and talented at real writing as I am at creating slogans.

No comments: