Friday, June 05, 2009

Let’s Pretend

When I found out I was pregnant, I signed up for a weekly e-mail – “Your Pregnancy This Week” – from www.babycenter.com.

I’ve really enjoyed the e-mails. Each week I learn something new, plus each edition features notes on the baby’s measurements, why my body does what it does, and advice from doctors.

At the end of every e-mail, there is usually a funny statement. This week’s funny coda was titled, “Let’s Pretend,” and included the following:

At your baby shower, pretend you understand how the diaper disposal system works.

When installing your car seat, pretend your partner doesn't seem like an extra from The Planet of the Apes.

Pretend it was the dog who farted.

Pretend that onion rings are part of the "best-baby" diet.

Pretend your prenatal vitamin is buried at the bottom of the ice cream container.

I laughed especially hard, because I could identify with every one! So, if you see me pretending to know how a diaper disposal system works at my shower, don’t be fooled!

(And, just so you know, I’ll probably also be the Planet of the Apes one when it comes to the car seat!)

No comments: