Friday, December 15, 2006

Amazing Apocalypto

I have a movie recommendation. If you want compelling heart-stopping action, heart-breaking emotion, and a sprinkling of comedy – go see Mel Gibson’s Apocalypto.

Angie e-mailed me on Thursday and asked if I wanted to catch a movie, Apocalypto, before she left for vacation on Friday. She also threw in a little schmoopyness by saying, “I just wanted to see you before I left.” Sa-wheat!

Angie and some members of her family – but not her kids or her husband – are going to Orlando, Florida for a week of December fun! No kids, no husband – boy, does she know how to take a family vacation! Lucky girl!

Anyway, we worked it out so we could catch an early showing of the movie. It was us and about ten retired people. I think they must get a discount on Thursday or something, because they were out in droves to see other movies!

Anyway, we watched Apocalypto, and it was fantastic. It really held me from the beginning to the end. Yes, it was a little bloody at points, but I don’t think it took away from the story or was distracting in any way. It was just true to life during that time period.

So, if you’re wondering if it’s worth the $8.50 – I give it two thumbs up. And that’s all I have to give!

No comments: