Thursday, December 13, 2007

Lazy!

Lately, I’ve been SO lazy.

Not at work, of course, because we’ve been super busy! I’ve been promoted (in a way) and now have more responsibilities in the same amount of time. But, I’m still excited about it, and I like being busy all day – makes the day go faster.

But, when I get home, all I want to do – heck, all I HAVE been doing – is taking naps. Or reading a book. Or taking a Jacuzzi. Or watching TV. Or snuggling with Brett and watching a movie.

I have been cooking my South Beach-friendly dinners, but aside from that and basic laundry/dishwasher duties, I’ve been so unmotivated.

I told Brett I decided not to decorate for Christmas. He said, “Whatever you want to do, babe.” I did take all the autumn stuff down though, so our house looks as bare as a plucked chicken.

Brett’s just not into decorating or “seasons,” although he does always compliment my decorating abilities or comment how the house looks nice. But, this year, I have just lacked the energy and the motivation to get it done. And since he helps not at all – since he isn’t interested – it just seems like another chore.

I told Mom about my decision, and she said I shouldn’t decorate if I felt like it was “just one more thing.” So, I’ve decided I’m okay with it. I may unearth a few of my bunnies in the snow collection and put those out, but otherwise – phooey on the decorations.

In the meantime, we’ve been pretty festively social already this holiday season!

Since my Enchanted post:

12/3:
Candice, Angie, Angie’s friend Mary, and I all went to dinner at Panera’s and then caught August Rush at Showplace 14.

12/4:
I was the coordinator and lead photographer for a local photo session with my media girl group.

12/8:
Brett and I attended our Game Night Group Christmas party in Durand. It was totally awesome! I got my “back” birthday gifts from August, and we all exchanged Christmas gifts.

Afterwards we played two games of four-team Cranium (my team won the first game!), and a Scene It Movie Edition game, which…het, hem….yours truly won!

Tomorrow, we’re attending our church Christmas party, and on Saturday, we have another party – a Luminary Party – at my cousin Paul’s.

On the 20th, Angie and I are going to the movies, probably to see P.S. I Love You (despite my disgust of Hilary – Guppy Face – Swank). The things I do for Angie! We are a little bummed, since National Treasure 2 opens the next day, but we couldn’t fit it in our schedule. Maybe we’ll go again over the Christmas break.

Mom and I are also planning a big shopping excursion for next week. About which we are VERY excited!!!

The Rehfeldt Christmas Eve party in on the 24th at Berean in Beloit, and Candice’s baby shower is a scant three days later! Not to mention, we’ll travel to Geneva on Christmas Day for Brett’s family’s Christmas party.

So, I may NOT have any decorations up, but you can’t say I won’t be celebrating!

4 comments:

Juliet said...

You Party Animal!! Can't wait to go shopping with you. I've been in this house for two whole weeks now. LET ME OUT!!!Love, Mom

Deb said...

I know what you mean about the decorations...the only thing I did was drag out our three foot tree and let the kids decorate it. I'm too tired to care about the rest. I told my husband that if we are going to even have a christmas that he was going to have to do the shopping and wrapping, etc. I'm saving up all my energy for what is coming...

Happy partying to ya'!

Heidi said...

I don't do anything for any other season as I am not a fan of fall as it means that Winter is coming, but I love lights and Christmas trees, so that is one that I get festive and go all out for. Kudos to you anyway. Come over and enjoy my TWO Christmas trees.

Wendy said...

busy, busy!!
Btw, I'm taking Isabelle to see Enchanted tomorrow. I've never taken her to a movie before, so I hope she loves it!! :-) Thanks for the review. You're not the only one raving about it.